Santa Clara County, California GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
18 February 1850: Santa Clara County was created as an original county. County seat: San Jose 
May 18, 1931: Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Archives and Libraries
- Santa Clara County list of cemeteries
- Alta Mesa Cemetery, Palo Alto
- Madronia Cemetery, Saratoga
- Santa Clara Cemetery, Santa Clara
- Santa Clara Mission Cemetery, San Jose
Please refer to populated places for individual cemetery information.
Church History and Records
LDS Ward and Branch Records: Gilroy, Los Gatos, Naglee (San Jose), Palo Alto, San Jose and Willow Glen (San Jose).
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
Military History and Records
The website for the Office of the Clerk-Recorder for Santa Clara County has information about how to request birth, death, and marriage records. They have births and deaths after 1873, marriages after 1851.
A considerable number of early marriages are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Los Altos California Family History Center
- Milpitas California Family History Center (San Jose)
- San Jose California Family History Center
- Santa Clara California Family History Center
- Santa Clara County CAGenWeb
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- FamilySearch Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).