Scotland WebsitesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Scottish Internet Resources
The following Internet web sites will help you with easier access to a variety of Scottish genealogical records, including civil, census, church, and probate records, and research helps:
- FamilySearch (This web site provides online access to the International Genealogical Index -- containing much Scottish data -- and other helpful resources and databases.)
- GenUKI (This web site directs you to other sites with helpful genealogical resources and databases for the United Kingdom and Ireland. It is organized by country, then county, then parish, and by topic.)
- Scotlands People (This is the premier web site for Scottish family history. It is a government web site and is fee-based, but it is very reasonable and well worth the price for the amount of information you can obtain. It has searchable databases of civil, census, church, and probate records, as well as many helpful information and links to other web sites. Click here for more information about this site.
- National Archives of Scotland (This web site provides access to the archive's online catalogue and much helpful information and research tools.)
- National Library of Scotland (This web site includes an online catalogue of the library's vast book collection.)
- Scottish Archive Network (This web site provides links to the web sites of every archive in Scotland, as well as many helpful research tools such as a handwriting guide.)
- Rampant Scotland (This web site provides links to information on just about every topic imaginable for Scotland.)
- Scotlands Family (This web site directs you to other sites with helpful genealogical resources and databases for Scotland. It is organized by topic.)
- Statistical Accounts of Scotland (The statistical accounts give great background information on the places in Scotland. It is a fee-based web site.)
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback