Scott County, Mississippi GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Scott County Mississippi genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Scott County Courthouse
PO Box 630
Forest, MS 39074
Clerk Chancery Court has divorce and court records 1900,
probate and land records from 1835, old church and cemetery
records. Clerk Circuit Court has marriage records. 
1833--Scott County was created 23 December 1833 from the Choctaw Cession.
County seat: Forest 
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Scott County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
- Family Maps of Scott County, Mississippi Genealogy (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- Civil War service men from Scott County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Scott County.
- - 2nd Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company K - Mississippi Body Guards
- - 6th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company E - Lake Rebels
- Company K - East Mississippi Greys
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Scott County, Mississippi page 382, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.