Scranton Pennsylvania Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Scranton Family History Center serving Lackawanna, Luzerne, Wayne and other counties in Northeast Pennsylvania
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 505 Griffin Pond, Clarks Summit, PA 18508
- Park at the back of the building.
- Google Map Location: g.co/maps/ner8h
Open Hours: Tuesday 12pm-4pm; Thursday 9:30am-1:30pm; Evening-1st Tuesday of each month, 6:30pm-9:00pm (during inclement winter weather please call ahead to see if center is open)
Holiday Schedule: Closed all holidays, including 2 week Christmas break
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Wide collection of Italian films
- Verna Ann Hill Jacobs Collection - A wide variety of microfilms containing newspaper clippings, family information, church records for New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania and other states. (Films are not cataloged in the Family History Library Catalog)
- A wide variety of books containing information for families in Pennsylvania and New York.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers, Microfilm readers, Microfilm reader/printer, Microfiche readers available for patron's research.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)