Scranton Pennsylvania Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Scranton Family History Center serving Lackawanna, Luzerne, Wayne and other counties in Northeast Pennsylvania
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address: 505 Griffin Pond, Clarks Summit, PA 18508 (This is not a mailing address. Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.)
- Park at the back of the building.
- Google Map Location: g.co/maps/ner8h
- Tuesday 12pm-4pm
- Thursday 9:30am-1:30pm
- Evening-1st Tuesday of each month, 6:30pm-9:00pm
- During inclement winter weather please call ahead to see if center is open
Holiday Schedule: Closed all holidays, including 2 week Christmas break
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Wide collection of Italian films
- Verna Ann Hill Jacobs Collection - A wide variety of microfilms containing newspaper clippings, family information, church records for New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania and other states. (Films are not cataloged in the Family History Library Catalog)
- A wide variety of books containing information for families in Pennsylvania and New York.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers, Microfilm readers, Microfilm reader/printer, Microfiche readers available for patron's research.
Staff Research Specialties
Italian (call to make an appointment with our Italian specialist)