Searcy County, Arkansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Searcy County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||December 13, 1838|
Searcy County Courthouse
Courthouse Square; PO Box 297;
Marshall, AR 72650-0297
County Clerk has marriage, divorce, proabte and court records
from 1881 and land records from 1866
See an interactive map of Searcy County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
- Men from Searcy County served in the 1st Regiment, Arkansas Infantry (Union)1 and the 3rd Regiment Arkansas Cavalry (Union)2 1Arkansas. Adjutant General's Office. Report of the Adjutant General of Arkansas, for the period of the late rebellion, and to November 1, 1866,Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1990 .
2Allen, Desmond Walls. The Third Regiment, Arkansas Cavalry (Union) Infantry (Arkansas Research: Conway, Arkansas,1987).
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Searcy County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Arkansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.