Seminole County, Oklahoma GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Seminole County, Oklahoma genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
1907--Seminole County was created 16 July 1907 from Seminole Indian Lands.
County seat: Wewoka 
- Dora Cemetery, Konawa BillionGraves
For tips on accessing Seminole County, Oklahoma Genealogy census records online, see: Oklahoma Census.
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has historical newspapers online including Ada newspapers that may have included Seminole County residents. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Seminole County, Oklahoma. Page 562 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Oklahoma-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.