Sequoyah County, Oklahoma GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Sequoyah County, Oklahoma genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Sequoyah County, Oklahoma|
| Map of Oklahoma highlighting Sequoyah County|
Location in the state of Oklahoma
Location of Oklahoma in the U.S.
|Founded||July 16, 1907|
|Address|| Sequoyah County Courthouse|
120 E. Chickasaw Ave.
Sallisaw, Oklahoma 74955
1907--Sequoyah County was created 16 July 1907 from Cherokee Indian Lands.
County seat: Sallisaw 
Akins, Aqua Park, Baldridge, Black Gum, Blackjack, Box, Brushy, Copic Slab, Cottonwood, Foreman, Gans, Gore, Gore Landing, Hanson, Harrison, Liberty, Lone Oak, Long, Maple, Marble City, McKey, Moffett, Muldrow, Nicut, Notichtown, Paradise Hill, Paw Paw, Pinhook Corners, Redland, Reeder Ford, Remy, Roland, Sadie, Sallisaw, Seven Oaks, Shady Grove, Short, Vian, West Fort Smith
For tips on accessing Sequoyah County, Oklahoma Genealogy census records online, see: Oklahoma Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Sequoyah County Genealogical Resources
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Sequoyah County, Oklahoma. Page 562 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Oklahoma-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.