Sevier County, Arkansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Sevier County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||October 17, 1828|
|County Seat||De Queen|
- 1828--Sevier County was created 17 October 1828 from Hempstead and Miller Counties. County seat: De Queen 
See an interactive map of Sevier County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
- Rejected or Suspended Applications for Revolutionary War Pensions. Washington, D.C., 1852. Reprinted by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1969, and 1991. Reprints include "an Added Index to States." FHL Collection 973 M24ur; digital version at Ancestry ($). [Includes veterans from this county; Arkansas section begins on page 439.]
- Men from this county served in the 3rd Regiment, Arkansas Cavalry (Union)1.
1Allen, Desmond Walls. The Third Regiment, Arkansas Cavalry (Union) (Arkansas Research: Conway, Arkansas,1987).
Southwest Arkansas Daily Local area current obituaries Southwest Arkansas/Southeast Oklahoma
Societies, Archives and Libraries
Southwest Arkansas Regional Archives Old Washington
Family History Centers
- Sevier County ArGenWeb, a USGenWeb project.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Sevier County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 70.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Arkansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More