Shasta County, California GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
18 February 1850: Shasta County was created as an original county. County seat: Redding 
14 June 1853: Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Indian Reservations or Rancherias
The Big Bend Indian Rancheria is located in this county.
Archives and Libraries
Church History and Records
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Land and property
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Anderson California Family History Center
- Anderson, California
- Shasta County CAGenWeb
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- FamilySearch Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).