Shelburne Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Shelburne Parish has served Loudoun County, Virginia.
- Moore, J. Staunton. The Annals and History of Henrico Parish, Diocese of Virginia: and St. John's P.E. Church. 1904, pp. 165-169. Digital version at Heritage Quest Online ($). [Biography of Rev. Dr. David Griffith, minister of Shelbourne Parish in 1770s.]
- Hopkins, Margaret Lail and Nancy Hopkins Phillips. The Anglican Parishes of Loudoun County, Virginia, Truro, Cameron, and Shelburne, 1736-1805. Lovettsville, Virginia: Willow Bend Books, 1997. Available at FHL. Free Lookups Available!
Colonial parish registers have been lost.
The original Shelburne Parish Vestry Book (1771-1805) is kept at the Library of Virginia. A microfilm copy is available at the Thomas Balch Library, Leesburg, Va. They were published in Hopkins' history (see above).
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- ↑ William Meade, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, 2 vols. (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Co., 1861). Digital versions at Internet Archive: Vol. I and Vol. II.
- This page was last modified on 23 December 2015, at 03:46.
- This page has been accessed 4,600 times.