Shelby County, Ohio GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Shelby County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| Shelby County Courthouse|
129 East Court St.
Sidney, Ohio 45365
Shelby County Website
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Miami County in 1819.
- County Seat: Sidney
- Neighboring Counties: Shelby County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Auglaize (north) · Miami (south) · Darke (west) · Mercer (northwest) · Champaign (southeast) · Logan (east)
See an interactive map of Shelby County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Miami Valley Genealogy Index is an Index to more than a half million pointers to records all over Miami Valley including Shelby County.
Land and Property
Naturalization and Citizenship
Shelby County Courthouse
129 E Court Street PO Box 809
Sidney, OH 45365
Clerk Court has court records from 1819; Probate Judge has birth,
marriage, death and probate, records from 1825; County Recorder
has land records from 1819
Family History Centers
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Shelby County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
- ↑ "List of Counties in Tennessee," Wikipedia.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Shelby County, Ohio. Page 545 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.