Shropshire Parishes

From FamilySearch Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
(concision)
m
Line 1: Line 1:
''[[England]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Shropshire]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Shropshire_Parishes|Shropshire Parishes]]''
+
[[England]][[Image:Gotoarrow.png]][[Shropshire]][[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Shropshire_Parishes|Shropshire Parishes]]  
  
Original parishes in the historic county of [[Shropshire]].  
+
These were the original '''ecclesistical''' parishes in the historic county of [[Shropshire]], [[England]].  
  
 
It the late 19th century and the early 20th century, as the population increased in many parishes, they were sub-divided into new parishes.  
 
It the late 19th century and the early 20th century, as the population increased in many parishes, they were sub-divided into new parishes.  
Line 109: Line 109:
 
*[[Ellesmere, Shropshire|Ellesmere]]  
 
*[[Ellesmere, Shropshire|Ellesmere]]  
 
*[[Ercall Magna, Shropshire|Ercall Magna]]
 
*[[Ercall Magna, Shropshire|Ercall Magna]]
 
<br>
 
  
 
|  
 
|  
Line 218: Line 216:
 
*[[Oswestry, Shropshire|Oswestry]]  
 
*[[Oswestry, Shropshire|Oswestry]]  
 
*[[Oswestry Holy Trinity, Shropshire|Oswestry Holy Trinity]]
 
*[[Oswestry Holy Trinity, Shropshire|Oswestry Holy Trinity]]
 
<br>
 
  
 
|  
 
|  
Line 315: Line 311:
  
 
|}
 
|}
 +
 +
Historically, Criftins, Hengoed, Kinnerley, Knockin, Llanyblodwel, Llanymynech, Melverley, Morton, Oswestry, St. Martin's, Selattyn, Trefonen, Weston Rhyn and Whittington were in the Welsh Diocese of '''St. Asaph'''. However, following disestablishment of the Anglican Church in Wales on 31 March 1920, the Shropshire parishes were transferred to the English Diocese of '''Lichfield'''.
  
 
{{Place|Shropshire}}__NOTOC__  
 
{{Place|Shropshire}}__NOTOC__  
  
 
[[Category:Shropshire|Parishes]]
 
[[Category:Shropshire|Parishes]]

Revision as of 19:59, 6 November 2013

EnglandGotoarrow.pngShropshireGotoarrow.png Shropshire Parishes

These were the original ecclesistical parishes in the historic county of Shropshire, England.

It the late 19th century and the early 20th century, as the population increased in many parishes, they were sub-divided into new parishes.

Historically, Criftins, Hengoed, Kinnerley, Knockin, Llanyblodwel, Llanymynech, Melverley, Morton, Oswestry, St. Martin's, Selattyn, Trefonen, Weston Rhyn and Whittington were in the Welsh Diocese of St. Asaph. However, following disestablishment of the Anglican Church in Wales on 31 March 1920, the Shropshire parishes were transferred to the English Diocese of Lichfield.