Sibley County, Minnesota GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Minnesota-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Sibley County Courthouse
400 Court St; PO Box 44;
Gaylord, MN 55334
Court Adminstration has birth, death and divorce records from 1860,
marriage records from 1856, probate and court records from 1870.
County Recorder has land records from 1855. 
- 1853--Sibley County was created 5 March 1853 from Dakota County. County seat: Gaylord 
- For a brief history about Sibley County's name, click here, then select Sibley County.
Civil War service men from Sibley County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Sibley County.
- - 7th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company H.
- - 10th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company I.
- - Brackett's Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry, Company A.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Sibley County, Minnesota page 368, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More