Simpson County, Mississippi GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Simpson County Mississippi genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
109 W Pine Ave; PO Box 367
Mendenhall, MS 39114
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage and court records.
Clerk Chancery Court has divorce records 1880,
some probate and land records. 
1824--Simpson County was created 23 January 1824 from the Choctaw Cession.
County seat: Mendenhall 
Almost all cemeteries have been indexed and can be found at US GenWeb at the following link.
For tips on accessing Simpson County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
The original land grants can be found at Bureau of Land Records website at www.glorecords.blm.gov.
- Civil War service men from Simpson County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Simpson County.
- - 3rd Battalion, Mississippi Infantry [aka 45th Missisippi Infantry/ Hardcastle's/Williams']
- Company A - Duncan Riflemen
- - 6th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company H - Simpson Fencibles
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county. http://theusgenweb.org/ms/simpson/
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Simpson County, Mississippi page 382, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.