Simpson County, Mississippi GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1824--Simpson County was created 23 January 1824 from the Choctaw Cession.
County seat: Mendenhall 
Almost all cemeteries have been indexed and can be found at US GenWeb at the following link.
The original land grants can be found at Bureau of Land Records website at www.glorecords.blm.gov.
- Civil War service men from Simpson County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Simpson County.
- - 3rd Battalion, Mississippi Infantry [aka 45th Missisippi Infantry/ Hardcastle's/Williams']
- Company A - Duncan Riflemen
- - 6th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company H - Simpson Fencibles
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county. http://theusgenweb.org/ms/simpson/
- Family History Library Catalog