Slovakia Accessing Slovak Vital RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Back to Slovakia Portal Page►
Accessing Slovak Vital Records
The Family History Library has many Slovak church records on microfilm. This collection continues to grow as new records are microfilmed. The collection includes all existing parish registers from when they begin until about 1895.
1. Go to www.familysearch.org
2. Click on "Library" tab, then "Library Catalog"
3. Go to "Place search" and enter Prešov. It is not necessary to enter discritical marks.
4. From the choices, select "Slovakia, Prešov, Prešov"
5. Click on "Slovakia, Prešov, Prešov - Church records"
6. Click on Cirkevná matrika, 1610-1933. Read the Englich summary of film content including language of the record
7. Click on the "View Film Notes" to obtain number of microfilm that you wish to search.
8. Visit a local Family History Center to order your microfilm.