Snåsa, NorwayEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Family History Library has microfilm copies of the church books, 1733-1932.
Digital images are online at Digitalarkivet:
- 1664-1666 Census for Snåsa can be found at the Family History Library in Salt lake City, Utah
This census was taken by the local parish priests. It lists the name of the farms, names of farm owners (including widows), the sons of the farm owners, male farm hands, cottagers and their sons, and the ages of each person. (Usually only males from 12 years and older, but in some cases all males from birth were listed). There was another census taken by the civil authorities at this same time. Both censuses should be searched as they supplement each other. This clerical census is usually more complete.
- INDHERRED PROSTI II. b. 33 Snaasen (Snåsa) sogn Sørli anneks Nordli anneks Family History Library INTL Film 122975 Item 4 Database scanned images at Digitalarkivet
- 1701 Census for Snåsa can be found at the Family History Library in Salt lake City, Utah. The census of 1701 was taken for military purposes. It lists only the males living in rural districts who were over the age of one year. It includes the farm name, name and age of the owner, names and ages of sons and servants. This census is missing for large parts of south and east Norway.
- 1801 Census The 1801 census for Snåsa clerical district includes Snåsa, Nordli, and Sørli parishes. INTL Film 123008 Item 1 1801 Census for Snåsa Database
- 1835 Census for Snåsa can be found at the Family History Library in Salt lake City, Utah. The 1835 census of Snåsa clerical district includes these parishes: Snåsa, Nordli, and Sørli (until 1860). It lists the farm names, persons name, and statistics. This census for Snåsa clerical district (Nord-Trøndelag) can be found at the Family History Library INTL Film 1283463 Item 2
- 1845 Census for Snåsa can be found at the Family History Library in Salt lake City, Utah. The 1845 census for Snåsa clerical district which includes the parishes Snåsa, Nordli and Sørli. Includes the farmnames, head of houshold (or his widow), his wife, children, other family members staying in household, tenant farmers and families, retired people, servants, occupation, sex, age and some miscellaneous information. the census for Snåsa clerical district (Nord-Trøndelag) can be found at the Family History Library INTL Film 1694694 Item 3
- 1865 Census This census for Snåsa clerical district includes Nordli and Sørli parishes. The Family History Library has this census on Film 123094 Item4. 1865 Census for Snåsa Database at Digitalarkivet.
- 1875 Census for Snåsa can be found at the Family History Library in Salt lake City, Utah. This 1875 census contains the persons name, residence (or residence for persons that were away from home or visiting at the time of the census), position in the family, occupation, sex, marital status, year of birth, place of birth, religion if not a member of the state church and other miscellaneous information.
b. 1 Krets 1-3 b. 2 Krets 4-5 b. 3 Krets 6-8 Family History Library INTL Film 273646
- 1900 Census can be found at the Family History Library Films 274746, 274747, and 274748 1900 Census for Snåsa Database at Digitalarkivet.
- 1910 Census 1910 Census for Snåsa Database at Digitalarkivet
Sandnes, Jørn, Snåsaboka, Snåsa : Utgitt av Snåsa kommune, 1956-1965. An extensive history of Snåsa in Nord-Trøndelag county from the earliest times to 1940 and a genealogy of the people and their farms. Contents: b. 1. Bygdehistorien fram til år 1800 -- b. 2. Bygdehistorien etter år 1800 -- b. 3. Gardshistoria -- b. 4. Brukarhistoria. FHL 948.42/S1 H2s Farm name indexes to volumes 3 and 4 are found in the following links. File:948.42-S1 H2s v3 - SNASA 3.pdf, File:948.42-S1 H2s v4 - SNASA-4.pdf
|The farm name indexes referenced above include many more names than the list below.|
34 Aalmo 69 Aalneset 61 Aasa 16 Aasvold 24 Agle 40 Aun 38 Belbu 19 Berg 21 Bomo 19 Bomoaunet 66 Breide 48 Brenna 9 Bruvold 55 Brønstad 23 Bøgset 13 Dravlan 46 Dæli 41 Eggen 36 Enga 52 Fagerbakken 68 Finsaas 18 Forberg 35 Gaasmo 71 Gaundalen 52 Gavlen 64 Gifstad 58 Gifstadbakken 73 Gjefsjøen 54 Gran 31 Gravbrøt 74 Græssaamoen 1 Hammer 44 Henveg 72 Holden 3 Holem 57 Holseng 12 Horjem 43 Husa 41 Husaasen 53 Hyllen 62 Hævdesaasen 67 Jørstad 11 Kjenneraasen 63 Kjenstad 63 Kjenstadberget 60 Kjevli 65 Klev 26 Kolaas 39 Kolbergaunet 11 Kolkjønfjeldet 17 Krosgaarden 27 Landsem 6 Langnes 25 Langvatn 56 Medjaas 33 Mollan 33 Mollaunet 42 Mona 10 Moum 63 Myrskarskoven 4 Mølnvik 20 Navlus 30 Omli 53 Parnassus 5 Rennset 22 Rygvold 8 Sagbakken 51 Sandnes 14 Sem 28 Skaalmo 29 Skartnes 37 Skavlan 45 Skjulet 32 Skromo 59 Steinkjær 70 Strindmoen 15 Støvra 49 Svarva 15 Undershaug 48 Vaag 7 Vegset 7 Vegsetmoen 65 Vimoen 50 Vinje 47 Volden 2 Østvik
1689-1871: Probates are found in Inderøy judicial district.
1691-1808: Clerical probates are found in Innherad Deanery
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback