Societies and librariesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
If you are a society or library, the FamilySearch Research Wiki wants to partner with you to promote your organization to the genealogical community.
Placing your information on the Wiki, which has millions of visits every year, will help give you access to many new potential members/visitors. There are many things you can do:
- Create a page about your center. Let Wiki visitors know about you and your resources. You can create multiple pages about your society/library in the Wiki if needed.
- Share Record Collections. This is a great way to inform more people about your collections.
- Share Membership/Patron Benefits. If you are looking for new members/patrons you can let Wiki visitors know about your benefits and services.
- Share Publications. If you are a society, and offer research documentation, you may list those volumes here along with information on them.
Learn more about how the Wiki benefits your society.
If you need further information, or would like help creating your page, contact Wiki Support at (866)406-1830, or e-mail us at support@FamilySearch.org.
Resources To Get Your Society Page Started
- How to Create a Society Page
- Help Creating Your Society Page
- Map/Society Page Project
- How to Edit a Society Page
- How to Edit a Society Page Infobox
- Adopt a Wiki page
Resources To Get Your Library Page Started
- [[Help:Creating a new page|Creating a New Page
- Editing a Wiki page
- Copying and Pasting Into a Wiki Page
- Adding Links
- Wiki Toolkit
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News