| Society of Genealogists Library
- Society of Genealogists
14 Charterhouse Buildings
London EC1M 7BA
Telephone: 020 7251 8799
Fax: 020 7250 1800
Hours and holidays: Tue., Wed., Sat. 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM; Thu. 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Directions, maps, and public transportation: accessible by the Underground (Barbican and Farringdon stations), bus, rail, and car; there are limited parking spaces. For further details, see: Visiting the Society.
Internet sites and databases:
- Premiere collection of English parish register transcripts, monumental inscriptions, family and local histories, and will indexes
- Ancestry.co.uk and FindMyPast.co.uk subscriptions
- Boyd's Marriage Index
- Boyd's Inhabitants of London
- Boyd's London Burials
- Bernau's Index
- The Great Card Index
- Surname Document Collection
- Apprentices of Great Britain
- One-name Studies
Many of these collections are now available on the subscription website FindMyPast.co.uk.
- Members may enter the Library for free
- Library entrance fees for non-members are £5 (2 hours), £10 (4 hours), or £18 (full day)
- Digital cameras are permitted
- Common room
- Free lockers are available
- Photocopiers, computer printers, and film and fiche printers are available
- The Library Index - subject guides to topics such as British, Irish, emigration, occupation, overseas, and religious records.
- Geographical Resources - details of Library holdings for each English, Welsh, Scottish, and Irish county, as well as the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands, and overseas resources.
Cliff Webb, FSG, has prepared online guides to parish register holdings of the Society of Genealogists Library, published by the West Surrey Family History Society:
- London & Middlesex Baptism Registers & their Online Availability
- London & Middlesex Marriage Registers - Pre-1837 & their Online Availability
- London & Middlesex Burial Registers - Pre-1837 & their Online Availability