Somerset County, Maine GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Parts set off to create 2 counties:
- Part taken to add to Aroostook County 12 March 1844. 
Places / Localities[[Image:
- Central Somerset
- Seboomook Lake
- Northeast Somerset
- Northwest Somerset
Villages: • Flagstaff • North Anson
Maine Newspaper Archive Indexes Free; Digital Page Images $ (GenealogyBank $) Twenty-two early Maine 18th and 19th century newspapers, 1785-1898 online. Indexes (free); digital images ($). These newspapers are from Augusta, Bangor, Belfast, Brunswick, Castine, Eastport, Falmouth, Hallowell, Kennebunk, Portland, Saco and Wiscasset.
Tip: early Maine newspapers routinely reported on news, obituaries, births, marriages etc. from around the state. Be sure to search the indexes for all Maine newspapers to find your target ancestor.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Somerset County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Somerset County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Somerset County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Somerset County
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 305. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
|This Maine-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.