Sonoma California Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
We are located in beautiful Sonoma County off of Highway 12. From downtown Sonoma follow Highway 12 toward Santa Rosa, Exit at the Agua Caliente Knoll Housing Development a little past Agua Caliente Street. La Grama is the first street on the right. The Church will be on the left side of the street.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 16280 La Grama, Sonoma, CA 95475
- Enter the parking lot at either end of the building and drive around to the back door. The door will be locked, to access the building ring the bell.
Handicapped patronsplease enter parking lot to the right of the building. Park at the second ramp. Go to the end of the ramp, the door is the last door on the right. Please call first to alert staff that you will be arriving. There is not a bell at this entrance.
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Phone: (707) 996-2369
Open Hours: Tuesdays and Thrusdays from 10:30 AM to 2:30 PM. Additional hours are available upon request - Call (707) 996-2369.
Holiday Schedule: We are closed for the entire month of Augusts for vacations, on all Holidays, and the week between Christmas and New Year.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 2 computers, 2 microfilm readers, and 2 mirofische readers.
Staff Research Specialties
We have 2 consultants on duty each day.
1st and 3rd Tuesdays - Judy Adams and Sandy Geddes
2nd and 4th Tuesdays - JoAnne Edwards and Faye Petersen
1st & 3rd Thursdays - Miriam and Lyle Schluter
2nd & 4th Thursdays - JoAnne and Sam Edwards
Additional hours will be assigned when requested.
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More