Sonoma County, California GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
18 February 1850: Sonoma County was created as an original county. County seat: Santa Rosa 
1906: Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Archives and Libraries
Church History and Records
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Santa Rosa
Land and property
Military History and Records
- Sonoma County, California Obituary and Death Notice Collection Free from GenealogyBuff.com. Obits and death notices from Various Funeral Homes in the Santa Rosa area as well as those of celebrities and VIP's.
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Cloverdale California Family History Center
- Coalinga California Family History Center
- Santa Rosa California Family History Center
- Sonoma California Family History Center
- Sonoma County CAGenWeb
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- FamilySearch Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).