South Carolina For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
These guidebooks will give you more detailed information about South Carolina research, publications, and records:
- Côté, Richard N. Local and Family History in South Carolina: A Bibliography. Easley, S.C.: Southern Historical Press, 1981. (FHL 975.7 H23c.) WorldCat entry.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. Rev. ed. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 2004. (FHL 973 D27rb 2004.) WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- Inventory of County Archives of South Carolina, 14 vol., Historical Records Survey; pub. Columbia, South Carolina, 1937-1941.
- Jones, Lewis P. Books and Articles on South Carolina History. Columbia: University of South Carolina Press, 1991. FHL 975.7 H23j 1991.
- Moore, John H. Research Materials in South Carolina. Columbia, S.C., 1967.
- Schweitzer, George K. South Carolina Genealogical Research. Knoxville, Tenn.: G. Schwitzer, 1985. (FHL 975.7 D27s.) WorldCat entry.
- Turnbull, Robert C. Bibliography of South Carolina, 1563-1950, 6 vol. Charlottesville, Va., 1956-1960.
SCMar is a major publisher of South Carolina genealogical resources. Online bookstore.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback