South Carolina For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
These guidebooks will give you more detailed information about South Carolina research, publications, and records:
- Côté, Richard N. Local and Family History in South Carolina: A Bibliography. Easley, S.C.: Southern Historical Press, 1981. (FHL 975.7 H23c.) WorldCat entry.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. Rev. ed. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 2004. (FHL 973 D27rb 2004.) WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- Inventory of County Archives of South Carolina, 14 vol., Historical Records Survey; pub. Columbia, South Carolina, 1937-1941.
- Jones, Lewis P. Books and Articles on South Carolina History. Columbia: University of South Carolina Press, 1991. FHL 975.7 H23j 1991.
- Moore, John H. Research Materials in South Carolina. Columbia, S.C., 1967.
- Schweitzer, George K. South Carolina Genealogical Research. Knoxville, Tenn.: G. Schwitzer, 1985. (FHL 975.7 D27s.) WorldCat entry.
- Turnbull, Robert C. Bibliography of South Carolina, 1563-1950, 6 vol. Charlottesville, Va., 1956-1960.
SCMar is a major publisher of South Carolina genealogical resources. Online bookstore.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News