South Carolina State Troop Regiments Seed Corn Units Junior ReservesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 03:48, 7 April 2011 by CandyElledge
Mustered into State Service November 1864.
Regiments with the Counties of Origin
- 1st Regiment South Carolina State Troops Junior Reserves (State Militia) - Abbeville, Anderson, Laurens, Oconee, and Pickens.
- 2nd Regiment, South Carolina State Troops Junior Reserves (State Militia) - Greenville, Lexington, and Marion.
- 3rd Regiment, South Carolina State Troops Junior Reserves (State Militia) - Chesterfield, Clarendon, Darlington, Fairfield, Georgetown, Horry, Kershaw, Lancaster, Marion, Marlboro, Newberry, Orangeburg, Richland, Spartanburg, Sumter and Wiliamsburg.
- 4th Regiment, South Carolina State Troops Junior Reserves (State Militia) - Anderson, Saluda, Union and York.
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System can be searched by soldier's name or by regiment; includes regimental rosters and additional history of the regiment. This site uses Joseph H. Crute's book, Units of the Confederate States Army, as their main source for the regiment history. Family History Library book 973 M2crua, FHL Collection, WorldCat.
- Footnote.com (A subscription website, but is available for use at the Family History Library and some Family History Centers). It has digital Civil War soldier service records and brief regiment histories (located at the bottom of some of the muster rolls).
- South Carolina State Troop Regiments Junior Reserves, (accessed 6 Apr 2011).
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here