Southern California Indian Agency (California)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
United States American Indians California Indians of California Southern California Indian Agency (California)
The Southern California Agency is a currently operating agency of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Its supervising office is the Sacramento Area Office.
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency
Some records of the Southern California Agency, 1890-1972, are in the Pacific Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) in Laguna Niguel, California, including a census of the Mission Indians, 1890, and land plat books, 1906-1954.
- ↑ Guide to Federal Records, Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Record Group 75. Available online.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online