Spain, Province of Asturias, Municipal Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Spain, Province of Asturias, Municipal Records, 1470-1897 .
Title in the Language of the Record
Registros Municipales de la Provincia de Asturias, España.
This collection includes civil registration, census, hidalguías (nobility) and catastro de ensenada (estate information) records for the cities of Avilés and Oviedo in the province of Asturias. The text of the records is in Spanish. This collection is being published as images become available.
For additional details about the history of these records and help using them, see the wiki article Spain, Municipal Records (FamilySearch Historical Records).
For a list of records by localities, document type and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browselink from the collection landing page.
Civil registration birth records usually contain the following:
- Name of child
- Date, time and place of birth
- Birthplace includes house number, street, town/city, and province
- Names of parents and father's occupation
- Paternal grandparents
- Maternal grandparents
- Place of baptism
Civil registration marriage records usually contain the following:
- Date and place of marriage
- Groom's name and age
- Groom's civil status and residence, including province, and origin
- Names of groom's parents and their occupation
- Parents' residence including town/city and province
- Bride's name and age
- Bride's civil status and residence, including province, and origin
- Names of bride's parents and their occupation
- Bride's parents' residence including town/city and province
Civil registration death/burial records usually contain the following:
- Date and place of registration
- Date and place of death
- Name and age of deceased
- Marital status, occupation, residence and origin of deceased
- Cause of death
- Parents' names and their origin, including town/city and province
- Sometimes, a will is noted with names of children
- Burial information
Census records usually contain the following information:
- House number and street where census was taken
- Names, ages and marital status of members of household
- Names of neighbors, their children and their servants
- Number of people in household
- Length of stay at this residence
How to Use the Record
Fill in the requested information in the initial search page. This search will return a list of possible matches. Compare the information about the ancestors in the list to what you already know about your ancestors to determine if this is the correct family or person. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the "Province" category
⇒ Select the "City or Municipality" category
⇒ Select the "Parish" category
⇒ Select the "Record Type and Years" category which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We especially need language translations for both content and images. For specific needs, please look for callout boxes throughout the article or visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Citations for individual image records are available for this collection. Browse through images in this collection and click on the “Show Citation” box. Spain, Province of Asturias, Municipal Records, 1470-1897
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- "Spain, Province of Asturias, Municipal Records, 1470-1897" Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013.