Spain, Province of Córdoba, Census Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
Title in the Language of the Record
España, Provincia de Córdoba, Registros de Censo
This collection includes census records for the cities of Córdoba and El Viso in the Córdoba Province of Spain. The parishes contained are Córdoba, El Viso and San Lorenzo. This collection is being published as images become available.
For additional details about the history of these records and help using them, see the wiki article Spain, Municipal Records (FamilySearch Historical Records).
Census records may contain the following information:
- Head of the Household
- Nationality or place of origin
- Parish of baptism
- Event year
How to Use the Record
To search this collection, it would be helpful to know the following information:
- Name of parents
- Name of ancestor
- Name of siblings
- Occupation of the father
- Year of birth
Search the Collection
To search the collection using the index: Fill in the requested information in the initial search page. This search will return a list of possible matches. Compare the information about the ancestors in the list to what you already know about your ancestors to determine if this is the correct family or person. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to find your ancestor. Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
To search the collection using the browse: You will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒Select the "Province" category
⇒Select the “Municipality” category
⇒Select the “Parish” category
⇒Select the "Record Type and Years" category which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help with reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
Tips to Keep in Mind
- Titles may be clues to property ownership, occupations, rank, or status within the community.
- Continue to search the index and records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives.
Unable to Find your Ancestor?
- Check for variant spellings of the names.
- Look for an index. There are often indexes at the beginning of each volume. In addition local genealogical and historical societies often have indexes to local records.
- Search the records of nearby localities.
Related Wiki Articles
- Spain Census
- Spain Civil Registration - Vital Records
- Spain, Municipal Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Spain, Province of Córdoba, Municipal Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Contributions to This Article
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found it. This will help you or others to find the same record again. Keep track of records where you did not find information about your ancestor so you and others will not waste time looking through these records in the future. A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- "Spain, Province of Cordoba, Census Records." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback