Spain, Province of Lérida, Municipal Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Spain, Province of Lérida, Municipal Records, 1319-1959 .
Title in the Language of the Record
España, Provincia de Lérida, Registros Municipales
This collection will include records from 1319 to 1940.
The collection includes civil registration, census, wills, quintas (military) records for the cities and parishes of Alíns, Alto Arán, Areo, Aynet de Besán, Baén, Baix Pallars, Balestuy, Bosost, Caregue, Cervera, Ciutadilla, Claravalls, Coscastell, Enviny, Escaló, Espluga de Serra, Estac, Farrera, Fígols de Tremp, Gerri de la Sal, Guimerá, Gurp, Les, Llavorsí, Maldá, Montcortés, Noris, Palau de Noguera, Peramea, Sapeira, Sort, Surp, Talarn, Tárrega, Tor and Tremp in the Lérida Province of Spain. The text of the records is in Spanish. The text of the records is in Spanish. This collection is being published as images become available.
For additional details about the history of these records and help using them, see the wiki article Spain, Municipal Records (FamilySearch Historical Records).
For a list of records by localities, document type and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browselink from the collection landing page.
Birth records usually contain the following information:
- Place of registration
- Name of child
- Date of birth
- Time of birth
- Place of birth
- Parents’ names and place of origin
- Paternal grandparents’ names and place of origin
- Maternal grandparents’ names and place of origin
- Place, date and parish of baptism
Marriage records usually contain the following information:
- Place and date of registration
- Name of groom
- Groom’s place of origin
- Groom’s age
- Groom’s marital status
- Groom’s occupation
- Name of bride
- Bride’s place of origin
- Bride’s age
- Bride’s marital status
- Place of their residence
- Parish name and date of their religious wedding
- Groom’s parents' names, their place of origin, and occupation of father
- Bride’s parents' names, their place of origin, and occupation of father
Death records usually contain the following information:
- Place and date of death
- Name of deceased person
- Deceased place of origin
- Deceased age at time of death
- Deceased marital status
- Deceased occupation
- Cause of death
- If deceased left a will
- Deceased place of residence
- Place of burial
- Parents’ names and their place of origin
- Father’s occupation
Municipal records usually contain the following information:
- Complete name
- Place and date of birth
- Sometimes the education level
- Sometimes the names of the spouse and children
Municipal military records may contain the following information:
- Complete name
- Birth date or age
- Place of origin
- Civil status
- Medical and physical condition
How to Use the Record
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒Select the "Province" category
⇒Select the "City or Municipality" category
⇒Select the "Parish" category
⇒Select the "Record Type and Years" which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination. Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Citations for individual image records are available for this collection. Browse through images in this collection and click on the "Show Citation" box: Spain, Province of Lérida, Municipal Records, 1319-1959
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- "Spain, Province of Lérida, Municipal Records, 1319-1940." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback