Special Indian Agency of NevadaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency
The Special Agency of Nevada was in existence from about 1858 to 1921. It had jurisdiction over the Paiute on the Walker River and Pyramid Lake Reservations. In 1897 the Walker River Reservation was placed under the Carson School.
- ↑ Guide to Archival Holdings, Pacific Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), San Francisco, Record Group 75, Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs Available online..
- ↑ Guide to Federal Records, Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Record Group 75. Available online.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online