Springville Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Springville Family History Center serves the City of Springville.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map: Springville Family History Center
- Address: 415 South 200 East, Springville, Utah 84663
- Our center is located in the building that originally was the old Springville High Seminary, and later the Kolob Stake offices. Park at the East end of the Springville Art Museum's parking lot. You then must cross the road, carefully, and enter the red brick building on the corner.
Open Hours: Tuesday 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM, Wednesday thru Friday, 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Holiday Schedule: Closed holidays
Also closed two weeks near the end of August for summer vacation, and around Thanksgiving,and two weeks encompassing Christmas and the New Year holidays.
Visit our facebook page:facebook.com/SpringvilleFHC
- Family History Library Catalog:films and fiche may be ordered on line at film.familysearch.org and delivered to this center for viewing. Tbere are about 350 microfilms at the center, with emphasis on local records. There are also a variety of reference books and maps.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Hardware and Equipment
- Computers (15), Scanners (3), Printers (3), Microfilm Readers (4), microfiche Readers (3).
- A classroom that will accomodate about 40 comfortably, with computer and projector.
- Both wired and wireless internet throughout the building. Personal laptops are welcome.
Staff Research Specialties
Most of our volunteers can help with questions about Family Search.org, New Family Search, Ancestry.com, the Family Search Research Wiki and other online resources. We can help you get started with Family Search indexing.
On Tuesday afternoon we have research specialists who can help you with your research in England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland.
Resources in the Local Area
Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum
BYU Library and Family History Library, Provo (6 miles from here).
Volunteer at the Center
If you are interested in volunteering, call Wm Carl Johnson (801) 489-2956. The Center is open four (4) days a week, Tuesday through Friday. There are two shifts per day, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., and 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., as well as one morning shift on Tuesday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 pm.