St. Andrews Parish, South CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
South Carolina's "Anglican parishes were used as election districts and had responsibility for road development, care of the poor, and education."
- Borders St. George, St. James Goose Creek, St. John's Colleton, St. Paul's, St. Philip's, and St. Michael's parishes. For a map, see: Early parishes in South Carolina.
For a history of the parish, see Chapter 17, St. Andrew's Parish, pages 336-344, in:
- Dalcho, Frederick. An Historical Account of the Protestant Episcopal Church in South Carolina from the First Settlement of the Province, to the War of the Revolution; with Notices of the Present State of the Church in Each Parish and Some Account of the Early Civil History of Carolina, Never Before Published. Charleston: E. Thayer, 1820. FHL Film 22657; digital versions at Google Books; Internet Archive.
St. Andrew's Parish Register has been abstracted:
- Webber, Mabel L. "Register of St. Andrews Parish, Berkeley County, South Carolina. 1719-1774," The South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vol. 12, No. 4 (Oct., 1911), pp. 172-189; Vol. 13, No. 1 (Jan., 1912), pp. 21-41; Vol. 13, No. 2 (Apr., 1912), pp. 104-112; Vol. 13, No. 3 (Jul., 1912), pp. 154-162; Vol. 13, No. 4 (Oct., 1912), pp. 213-223; Vol. 14, No. 1 (Jan., 1913), pp. 20-35; Vol. 14, No. 2 (Apr., 1913), pp. 81-97; Vol. 14, No. 3 (Jul., 1913), pp. 147-159; Vol. 14, No. 4 (Oct., 1913), pp. 209-218; Vol. 15, No. 1 (Jan., 1914), pp. 39-50; Vol. 15, No. 2 (Apr., 1914), pp. 97-106. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
|St. Andrews Parish||1699-1783||C506601||x||x|
|St. Andrews Parish||x||x||1714-1774||M506601|
-  St. Andrew's Parish Tax Returns, 1785, South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 5, No. 2 (Spring 1977).
- St. Andrew's Parish Church Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- ↑ St. Andrew's Parish Church Marker, The Historical Marker Database, accessed 17 March 2011.
- ↑ "The Formation of Counties in South Carolina," at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History website, accessed 21 January 2011.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, IGI Batch Numbers for South Carolina, USA, accessed 14 September 2010; See also Computer Printout of Births or Christenings, 1697-1783 FHL Film 1002423 Item 1.