St. Andrews Parish, South CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
South Carolina's "Anglican parishes were used as election districts and had responsibility for road development, care of the poor, and education."
- Borders St. George, St. James Goose Creek, St. John's Colleton, St. Paul's, St. Philip's, and St. Michael's parishes. For a map, see: Early parishes in South Carolina. An overlay of districts is available at Carolana.com.
More than 1,000 graves at St. Andrew's Parish Cemetery are described at Find A Grave. Includes transcripts and photographs.
- Smith, Henry A.M. "Old Charles Town and Its Vicinity, Accabee and Wappoo Where Indigo Was First Cultivated, with Some Adjoining Places in Old St. Andrews Parish," The South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vol. 16, No. 1 (Jan. 1915):1-15; Vol. 16, No. 2 (Apr. 1915):49-67. Digital versions at JSTOR ($).
For a history of the parish, see Chapter 17, St. Andrew's Parish, pages 336-344, in:
- Dalcho, Frederick. An Historical Account of the Protestant Episcopal Church in South Carolina from the First Settlement of the Province, to the War of the Revolution; with Notices of the Present State of the Church in Each Parish and Some Account of the Early Civil History of Carolina, Never Before Published. Charleston: E. Thayer, 1820. FHL Film 22657; digital versions at Google Books; Internet Archive.
St. Andrew's Parish Register has been abstracted:
- Webber, Mabel L. "Register of St. Andrews Parish, Berkeley County, South Carolina. 1719-1774," The South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vol. 12, No. 4 (Oct., 1911), pp. 172-189; Vol. 13, No. 1 (Jan., 1912), pp. 21-41; Vol. 13, No. 2 (Apr., 1912), pp. 104-112; Vol. 13, No. 3 (Jul., 1912), pp. 154-162; Vol. 13, No. 4 (Oct., 1912), pp. 213-223; Vol. 14, No. 1 (Jan., 1913), pp. 20-35; Vol. 14, No. 2 (Apr., 1913), pp. 81-97; Vol. 14, No. 3 (Jul., 1913), pp. 147-159; Vol. 14, No. 4 (Oct., 1913), pp. 209-218; Vol. 15, No. 1 (Jan., 1914), pp. 39-50; Vol. 15, No. 2 (Apr., 1914), pp. 97-106. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
|St. Andrews Parish||1699-1783||C506601||x||x|
|St. Andrews Parish||x||x||1714-1774||M506601|
-  St. Andrew's Parish Tax Returns, 1785, South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 5, No. 2 (Spring 1977).
- St. Andrew's Parish Church Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- ↑ St. Andrew's Parish Church Marker, The Historical Marker Database, accessed 17 March 2011.
- ↑ "The Formation of Counties in South Carolina," at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History website, accessed 21 January 2011.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, IGI Batch Numbers for South Carolina, USA, accessed 14 September 2010; See also Computer Printout of Births or Christenings, 1697-1783 FHL Film 1002423 Item 1.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback