St. Clair County, Alabama GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Alabama-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|St. Clair County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||November 20, 1818|
St Clair County Courthouse
129 5th Avenue
Ashville, AL 35953
Phone: (205) 594-7921
Probate Judge has marriage probate and land records from 1800
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce and court records 
For tips on accessing St. Clair County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
The Northern Judicial District county seat is Ashville.
The Southern Judicial District county seat is Pell City.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Saint Clair County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Saint Clair County p. 39. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News