St. Clair County, AlabamaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Alabama-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|St. Clair County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||November 20, 1818|
St Clair County Courthouse
129 5th Avenue
Ashville, AL 35953
Phone: (205) 594-7921
Probate Judge has marriage probate and land records from 1800
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce and court records 
- 1914-1936 - St. Clair County, Alabama Colored Marriage Book 2 and Folders 1-27 in "Alabama, County Marriages, 1809-1950," at FamilySearch.org - free.
The Northern Judicial District county seat is Ashville.
The Southern Judicial District county seat is Pell City.
- Alabama, Civil War Service Records of Confederate Soldiers, 1861-1865
- Alabama, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
- 1881-1930 - Alabama, Births and Christenings, 1881-1930 FamilySearch Historical Records Collection
- 1816-1957 - Alabama, Marriages, 1816-1957 FamilySearch Historical Records Collection
- 1881-1952 - Alabama, Deaths and Burials, 1881-1952 FamilySearch Historical Records Collection
- 1908-1974 - Alabama, Deaths, 1908-1974 FamilySearch Historical Records Collection
- 1899-1936 - St. Clair County, Alabama Marriage Boxes 1-6, Books G-H, and Pell City Division Books 1-4, and Boxes 1-2 in "Alabama, County Marriages, 1809-1950," at FamilySearch.org - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- Saint Clair County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Saint Clair County p. 39. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Coverage Table, "Alabama County Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)," FamilySearch Research Wiki, https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Alabama_County_Marriages_(FamilySearch_Historical_Records), accessed 6 August 2012.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback