St. Clair County, Michigan GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to St. Clair County Michigan genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|St. Clair County, Michigan|
Location of Michigan in the U.S.
|Founded||March 28, 1820|
|County Seat||Port Huron|
|Address|| St. Clair County Courthouse|
201 McMorran Blvd.
Port Huron, MI 48060-4006
Phone: (810) 985-2200
St. Clair County Website
County Clerk has birth records from 1867, marriage records from 1834,
death records from 1868, divorce and court records from 1849. 
Standard atlas of St. Clair County, Michigan : including a plat book of the villages, cities and townships of the county...farmers directory, reference business directory and departments devoted to general information / compiled and published by Geo. A. Ogle & Co.
Geo. A. Ogle & Co.
Chicago: Geo. A. Ogle, 1897.
Civil War service men from St. Clair County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment)that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from St. Clair County.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
- Michigan Deat Records, 1897-1920- Images are available free at www.seekingmichigan.org
- St. Clair County Marriages and Deaths -- Marriages beginning in 1838 and ending in 1898. Includes all the County plus data on Ontario Canada names.
- Another St. Clair County Marriage site lists people from Lambton County., Ontario, Canada and elsewhere in Ontario who were married in St. Clair County, Michigan. (Most marriages took place in Port Huron, Mich).
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), St Clair County, Michigan page 350, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).