St. Clair County, Missouri GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|St. Clair County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||January 16, 1833|
|Address|| St.Clair County Courthouse|
PO Box 525
Osceola, MO 64776-0405
St. Clair County Website
Recorders Office has marriage records from 1855 and
marriage from 1855 and land records from 1867; Clerk Circuit
Court has divorce and probate records
1833--St. Clair County was created 16 January 1833 from Lafayette County. St. Clair lost land to Pettis County 26 January 1833 and attached to Rives County, until formally organized 29 January 1841. County seat: Osceola 
- See an interactive map of St. Clair County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
For tips on accessing St. Clair County, Missouri Genealogy census records online, see: Missouri Census.
- Map of St. Clair County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including St. Clair County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), St. Clair County, Missouri. Page 405 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).