St. George Dorchester Parish, South CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
South Carolina's "Anglican parishes were used as election districts and had responsibility for road development, care of the poor, and education."
- Borders St. Andrew's, St. Bartholomew's, St. James Goose Creek, St. Matthew's, St. Paul's parishes. For a map, see: Early parishes in South Carolina.
- South Carolina Archives Summary Guide: St. George Dorchester Parish, available online, courtesy: South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
For an early history of the parish, see Chapter 18, St. George's Parish, Dorchester, pages 345-350, in:
- Dalcho, Frederick. An Historical Account of the Protestant Episcopal Church in South Carolina from the First Settlement of the Province, to the War of the Revolution; with Notices of the Present State of the Church in Each Parish and Some Account of the Early Civil History of Carolina, Never Before Published. Charleston: E. Thayer, 1820. FHL Film 22657; digital versions at Google Books; Internet Archive.
- Parish Church of St. George, Dorchester, The Historical Marker Database.
- ↑ Parish Church of St. George, Dorchester, The Historical Marker's Database, accessed 17 February 2011.
- ↑ "The Formation of Counties in South Carolina," at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History website, accessed 21 January 2011.