St. Georges Parish, Spotsylvania, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
In 1892, the Ladies' Cemetery Guild of St. George's Church identified 164 graves.
WPA made a survey of the graves at St George's Church in 1936. It is available at the Rappahannock Library in Fredericksburg.
The USGenWeb Archives, available online, includes transcripts of many graves found there in a 1999/2000 survey.
- Slaughter, Philip and R.A. Brock. History of St. George's Parish in the County of Spotsylvania, and Diocese of Virginia: With a Biography of the Author and a Continuation, Embracing the History of St. George's and Trinity Churches to the Present Time. Richmond, Va.: J.W. Randolph & English, 1890. Digital version at Google Books; 1998 reprint: FHL Collection.
Colonial parish registers do not survive.
The original St. George's Parish Vestry Books (1727-1843) are kept at the Library of Virginia.
- St. George's Episcopal Church (official website). Includes history, visitor directions, church schedule.
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- ↑ "History," St. George's Episcopal Church, Fredericksburg, Virginia, http://www.stgeorgesepiscopal.net/about_us/history/, accessed 12 January 2012.
- ↑ Margaret C. Klein, Tombstone Inscriptions of Spotsylvania County, Virginia (Palm Coast, Fla.: M.C. Klein, 1983), 68.