St. James Goose Creek Parish, South CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
St. James Goose Creek Parish has served Berkeley County, South Carolina.
South Carolina's "Anglican parishes were used as election districts and had responsibility for road development, care of the poor, and education."
- Borders Christ Church, St. Andrew's, St. George, St. Johns Berkeley, St. Matthew's, St. Michael's, St. Philip's, St. Thomas & St. Denis parishes. For a map, see: Early parishes in South Carolina.
For a history of the parish, see Chapter 5, St. James' Parish, Goose-Creek, pages 244-263, in:
- Dalcho, Frederick. An Historical Account of the Protestant Episcopal Church in South Carolina from the First Settlement of the Province, to the War of the Revolution; with Notices of the Present State of the Church in Each Parish and Some Account of the Early Civil History of Carolina, Never Before Published. Charleston: E. Thayer, 1820. FHL Film 22657; digital versions at Google Books; Internet Archive.
- Goose Creek Church Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- St. James, Goose Creek Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- ↑ "The Formation of Counties in South Carolina," at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History website, accessed 21 January 2011.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback