St. Johns County, Florida GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Florida-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|St. Johns County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||July 21, 1821|
|County Seat||Saint Augustine|
St. Johns County Courthouse
4010 Lewis Speedway Blvd; PO Box 300
Saint Augustine, FL 32085
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce records from 1900,
court and land records from 1821, marriage and probate records. 
1821--St. Johns was created 21 July 1821 as an original county.
County seat: Saint Augustine 
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing St. Johns County, Florida Genealogy census records online, see: Florida Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- St. Augustine
BillionGraves images and transcriptions:
The 1890 Census Veterans Schedules for St. Francis Barracks in St. Augustine Florida are available on roll 118 of "Special Schedules of the Eleventh Census (1890) Enumerating Union Veterans and Widows of Union Veterans of the Civil War" (NARA M123). The schedules list veterans and their widows who served as Union soldiers in the Civil War. For more information on the 1890 Veterans Schedules see Union Census Records.
- St. Johns County, Florida Obituary and Funeral Notice Collection Free from GenealogyBuff.com. From Various Funeral Homes in the St. Augustine, St. Augustine Beach, Hastings, Elkton, and Switzerland areas.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Saint Johns County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- St. Johns County, FLGenWeb Project, Inc.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), St Johns County, Florida Page 137 ; FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.