St. Joseph County, IndianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Indiana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- South Bend
Civil War service men from Vermillion County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Vermillion County.
- 7th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company D
- 9th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company I, and Reoganized Company I
- 12th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Companies A, and H
- 15th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company B
- 21st Battery, Indiana Light Artillery
- 29th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies F, H, and K
- 48th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B, E, and F
- 73rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 87th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 128th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, company D
- 138th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (100 days, 1864), Company H
- 151st Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 155th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies H, and I
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- St. Joseph County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback