St. Margarets Parish, Virginia

From FamilySearch Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
(Mangohick)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
=== History  ===
 
=== History  ===
  
St. Margaret's Parish has served [[King William County, Virginia|King William]] and [[Caroline County, Virginia|Caroline]] counties. Mangohick Church served parishioners as a chapel of ease in the eighteenth century. William Byrd referred to Mangohick as the New Brick Church in 1732 (it was built about 1730).
+
St. Margaret's Parish has served [[King William County, Virginia|King William]] and [[Caroline County, Virginia|Caroline]] counties.  
 +
 
 +
Mangohick Church served parishioners as a chapel of ease in the eighteenth century. William Byrd referred to Mangohick as the New Brick Church in 1732 (it was built about 1730). It is currently a Baptist church.
  
 
==== Founded  ====
 
==== Founded  ====
Line 17: Line 19:
 
==== Parish Records  ====
 
==== Parish Records  ====
  
== Websites ==
+
== Websites ==
  
*[http://www.hmdb.org/marker.asp?marker=17790 Mangohick Church], The Historical Marker Database
+
*[http://www.hmdb.org/marker.asp?marker=17790 Mangohick Church], The Historical Marker Database  
 +
*[http://colonialchurches.blogspot.com/2007/05/mangohick-church.html Mangohick Church], Colonial Churches blog, 13 May 2007
  
 
== References  ==
 
== References  ==

Revision as of 20:34, 26 February 2011

United States  Gotoarrow.png  Virginia  Gotoarrow.png  St. Margaret's Parish

Contents

History

St. Margaret's Parish has served King William and Caroline counties.

Mangohick Church served parishioners as a chapel of ease in the eighteenth century. William Byrd referred to Mangohick as the New Brick Church in 1732 (it was built about 1730). It is currently a Baptist church.

Founded

Boundary

Resources

Parish History

Parish Records

Websites

References

  1. Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).