St. Pauls Parish, King George, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
United States Virginia St. Paul's Parish
St. Paul's Parish has served Stafford and King George counties. The parish church is known as St. Paul's Church.
A survey of the graves at St. Paul's Church was published in 2000 by the King George County Historical Society. FHL Book 975.525 V3c v. 1 (pages 240-259).
Meade's 1861 history of St. Paul's Parish is available online.
Nannie Byrd Turner's history of St. Paul's Church, King George County, Virginia (1907) has been digitized by Google Books.
- Alexander, Herbert Lee. "St. Paul's Parish Register (Episcopal), King George County, Virginia," National Genealogical Society Quarterly, Vol. 29 (1941):67-69.
- "Extracts from the Register of St. Paul's Parish, Stafford (now King George) County, Virginia," The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 8, No. 4 (Apr. 1901):360-366. FHL Book 975.5 B2v; digital version at JSTOR ($).
- "Extracts from the Register of St. Paul's Parish, Va.," The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 38, No. 3 (Jul. 1930):273-275. FHL Book 975.5 B2v; digital version at JSTOR ($).
- 1715-1798 - St. Paul's Parish Christening Index 1715-1798. Batch C504891 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1715-1798 - St. Paul's Parish Marriage Index 1715-1798. Batch M504891 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1715-1798 - Nicklin, John Bailey Calvert. St. Paul's Parish Register: (Stafford-King George Counties, Virginia) 1715 - 1798. Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Book Co., 1962. FHL Collection 975.52 K28n; digital version at World Vital Records ($).
- 1716-1793 - Nicklin, John Bailey Calvert. "Data from the Register of St. Paul's Parish, King George (Formerly Stafford) County, Virginia, 1716-1793," The William and Mary Quarterly, Second Series, Vol. 10, No. 1 (Jan. 1930):43-46; digital version at JSTOR ($); Vol. 13, No. 1 (Jan. 1933):28-33. FHL Book 973 H25w; digital version at JSTOR ($).
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- ↑ Cemeteries of King George County, Virginia, Volume 1, Church Cemeteries (King George, Va.: King George County Historical Society, 2000).
- ↑ William Meade, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, 2 vols. (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Co., 1861). Digital versions at Internet Archive: Vol. I and Vol. II.
- ↑ Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 178-182.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/3/37/Igivirginia.pdf.
This page was last modified on 3 July 2013, at 22:50.
This page has been accessed 4,029 times.