St Bartholomew Moor Lane, London GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
See also: St Bartholomew by the Exchange which was demolished in 1832, with St Bartholomew Moor Lane built in its place.
In 1838, the Royal Exchange, which had also been rebuilt after the Great Fire, burnt down. In order to improve access to the site of the Exchange, the Corporation of London petitioned Parliament for permission to demolish St. Bartholomew-by-the-Exchange – as well as the neighbouring St. Benet Fink, so that Threadneedle Street may be widened. This was granted and the church demolished in 1840.
The parish was combined with that of St Margaret Lothbury and proceeds of the sale of the site were used to build St. Bartholomew Moor Lane. This church, designed by Charles Robert Cockerell, was a replica of St. Bartholomew-by-the-Exchange and included much of its furnishings.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News