St Bartholomew Moor Lane, London GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
In 1838, the Royal Exchange, which had also been rebuilt after the Great Fire, burnt down. In order to improve access to the site of the Exchange, the Corporation of London petitioned Parliament for permission to demolish St. Bartholomew-by-the-Exchange – as well as the neighbouring St. Benet Fink, so that Threadneedle Street may be widened. This was granted and the church demolished in 1840.
The parish was combined with that of St Margaret Lothbury and proceeds of the sale of the site were used to build St. Bartholomew Moor Lane. This church, designed by Charles Robert Cockerell, was a replica of St. Bartholomew-by-the-Exchange and included much of its furnishings.