St Bartholomew by Exchange

From FamilySearch Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
(Created page with 'Return to the London Parishes S-St C page. St Bartholomew by Exchange, the church of, is situated at the south east corner of Bartholomew Lane and Threadneedle Street, near …')
 
m
Line 1: Line 1:
Return to the [[London Parishes S-St C]] page.
+
Return to the [[London Parishes S-St C]] page.  
  
St Bartholomew by Exchange, the church of, is situated at the south east corner of Bartholomew Lane and Threadneedle Street, near the northeast angle of the Bank of England. It was destroyed by the fire in 1666, all but the tower, which was cased and newly topped up at the time of rebuilding the body of the church is church is a very ancient foundation, or in the year 1331 John de Tyerne was presented to it on the death of John de Aldeburgh, the rector, and it was then so entirely decayed that it was necessary to rebuild.  The living being at the time of the Reformation in the gift of the Abbey of St. Mary de Grace, it fell on the dissolution of the religious houses into the hands of the crown, in whom the Nelson, which is directory, has continued...
+
St Bartholomew by Exchange, the church of, is situated at the south east corner of Bartholomew Lane and Threadneedle Street, near the northeast angle of the Bank of England. It was destroyed by the fire in 1666, all but the tower, which was cased and newly topped up at the time of rebuilding the body of the church is church is a very ancient foundation, or in the year 1331 John de Tyerne was presented to it on the death of John de Aldeburgh, the rector, and it was then so entirely decayed that it was necessary to rebuild.  The living being at the time of the Reformation in the gift of the Abbey of St. Mary de Grace, it fell on the dissolution of the religious houses into the hands of the crown, in whom the Nelson, which is directory, has continued...  
  
 +
<br>
  
 +
[Adapted from: ''Topographical Dictionary Of London'' by James Elmes; published in 1831]
  
[Adapted from: ''Topographical Dictionary Of London'' by James Elmes; published in 1831]
+
 
 +
 
 +
 
 +
 
 +
[[Category:England]]

Revision as of 19:33, 22 October 2010

Return to the London Parishes S-St C page.

St Bartholomew by Exchange, the church of, is situated at the south east corner of Bartholomew Lane and Threadneedle Street, near the northeast angle of the Bank of England. It was destroyed by the fire in 1666, all but the tower, which was cased and newly topped up at the time of rebuilding the body of the church is church is a very ancient foundation, or in the year 1331 John de Tyerne was presented to it on the death of John de Aldeburgh, the rector, and it was then so entirely decayed that it was necessary to rebuild.  The living being at the time of the Reformation in the gift of the Abbey of St. Mary de Grace, it fell on the dissolution of the religious houses into the hands of the crown, in whom the Nelson, which is directory, has continued...


[Adapted from: Topographical Dictionary Of London by James Elmes; published in 1831]