St Minver, Cornwall Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
m (Text replace - "== Web sites ==" to "== Websites ==")
m (Text replace - "Lewis, Samuel A." to "Samuel A. Lewis")
|Line 30:||Line 30:|
=== Parish History ===
=== Parish History ===
MINVER, ST., a '''parish''', in the union of Bodmin, hundred of Trigg, E. division of Cornwall. There are a place of worship for Wesleyans, and a cemetery for the Society of Friends.<ref>
MINVER, ST., a '''parish''', in the union of Bodmin, hundred of Trigg, E. division of Cornwall. There are a place of worship for Wesleyans, and a cemetery for the Society of Friends.<ref>Samuel A. ,[http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=51154#s6 ''A Topographical Dictionary of England''] (1848), pp. 325-329. Date accessed: 25 March 2013</ref>
== Resources ==
== Resources ==
Revision as of 03:54, 10 April 2014
Guide to St Minver, Cornwall family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|St Minver, Cornwall|
|Poor Law Union||Penzance PLU|
|Parish registers: For records see St Hilary|
|Bishop's Transcripts: For records see St Hilary|
|Rural Deanery||Not Applicable|
|Probate Court||Search the courts of the surrounding parishes|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
MINVER, ST., a parish, in the union of Bodmin, hundred of Trigg, E. division of Cornwall. There are a place of worship for Wesleyans, and a cemetery for the Society of Friends.
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
St Minver, Cornwall Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|St Minver, Cornwall Genealogy Parish Online Records|
||1558-1650, 1678-1885|| |
Overview, Include information for parish registers and Bishop's Transcripts, Contact information for the office holding the original records, Links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241273.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to [county] Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable web sites are:
- 1851 Jurisdiction Maps
- Vision of Britain
Add here any relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 325-329. Date accessed: 25 March 2013
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 3 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ Cornwall Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 November 2013.
- ↑ 'England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010', FamilySearch, accessed 27 November 2013.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 22 November 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.