Stanton County, Kansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Stanton County Courthouse
201 N Main
PO Box 190
Johnson, KS 67855
Absorbed by Hamilton County 1883.
Reorganized Feb 1887
City Clerk has birth records.
Probate Judge has marriage and probate records
Clerk District Court has divorce and court records.
Register of Deeds has burial and land records
County Clerk has census records. 
1873--Stanton County was created 6 March 1873 from unorganized territory. County seat: Johnson 
- Stanton County was organized after the Civil War.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Stanton County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Stanton County, Kansas page 256, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).