Step 11. Share what you foundEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
sk family members what they are currently doing in family history work and find out if we can do anything to help them. We should also offer to give them copies of our work.
We could also share our information in the following ways:
• Take or send our ancestral names to the temple nearest to us and do the ordinance work for them. Their names will appear on the Ordinance index and IGI after the work has been done.
• Enter our information into a computer using PAF or another genealogical software and download it onto diskettes and give them to people.
• Print out our paper forms and give a copy to family members and other people who have helped
• Upload the information onto the Internet so people can access it there. The Internet (World Wide Web) has web sites where we can donate our work. If we don’t find one, we could make a web site ourself, if we are able.
• We can donate a copy of our paper forms or written family histories to:
The Family History Library at 35 North West Temple, Salt Lake City, Utah 84150.
• We can use the files we made on the computer to donate the information to the Pedigree Resource File. Hopefully, instructions will be published on how to do this. If not, we can ask our family history consultant. Hopefully, they will be trained in how to do this. If not, we can call FamilySearch Software Support in Salt Lake City and ask them to help us. Phone 1-800-453-3860 extension 22584.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here